Sunday, January 17, 2010

Okay so here is the begining of me meeting tia in Europe!
I flew into the Heathrow airport in London where it was snowy and icy and gross outside. My flight to Munich Germany got cancelled. I had to wait in four different lines that took well over an hour each. To get though customs, looking for baggage (which I never found), to arrange another flight, and then waiting for a hotel. I finally took an hour bus ride to a Holiday Inn and hour away. I was completely fine the whole time not being able to contact tia or my family and being aware that no one in the airport actually cared what happend to me becuase I knew I was going to get to Germanz eventually no matter what and shit like this happens all the time in airports. But when I got to the Hotel, I didnt have anything other than the clothes I was wearing, a book and some music.I kept trying to get ahold of tia but could only use facebook.
I finally made my flight to Munich having met quite a few helpful people to share taxis with and bus trips and dinner. I was so excited to see tia...until I realized that she wasnt there. So I had to wait in the airport for about 45 minutes until she showed up! It was definitely one of those great airport moments like in Love Actually ha.
So Tia and I got on the train only to have some crazy homeless guy come up and yell at me in German and then spit on me. That was a great welcoming. The rest of the day went by without any disasters. We unloaded all my stuff (my back pack amazingly made it some how!) and then went to get a verz expensive train ticket to Croatia for the next day along with some hot wine from a stand on the side of the road. Tia finally let me sleep and then we went out for very delicious kababs. They were delicious! Extremely dense, greasy and great.Then we walked blocks and blocks around Munich. Its beautiful. There are incredibly old buildings everywhere and it was a snowy wonderland. My favorite was this huge gothic looking castle like building. They all have so much detail its insane! There were also cute ice scultures and frozen fountains with lots of fighting scenes. it was beautiful. They had the cutest ice skating rink outside playing funny music. Im not use to the cold at all. Im always cold even though I felt like I was wearing more layers than everyone but the babies bundled up in fur covered sleeping bags ha. I kept making tia go in stores just so I wasnt frozen.
We got back to the hostel and went down the the bar. It was really fun and everyone is really friendly. Dont worry I was really safe and we watched our drinks and only had to tell two boys that we were lesbian. It was really busy and full of people from all over. Our roomates were two boys from Australia and a sweet girl from Taiwan. This morning Tia and I decided that I might have to dye my hair dark brown. it was kind of becoming a problem ha.
We got up the next day and took three different trains from Munich, through Austria, and to Croatia. It was a beautiful ride but I missed it all because I felt horrible from jetlag, lack of sleep, and probablq drinking the night before and slept the whole ride. I threw up and felt better but still was exhauseted. I was definitely a boring travel partner for Tia.
We made it safely to meet Norma in Zagreb. Her family made us an amaying dinner thats traditionally turkish. They are so sweet and nice and Tia and I have the whole downstairs of the house to ourselves. They have the cutest dog named Charlie that I love! I cannot wait for tomorrow. Tia and Norma are out at the bars, but I stayed in because I need to sleep more so I can go out and see the town tomorrow!
Sorry that my y and z are switched sometimes. its the computer.
I love it here and cannot wait for whats next!

No comments:

Post a Comment